Holidays to Lanzarote have plenty to offer the visitor, with great sites to see both man-made and geographical. There are every type of watersports, horse riding, camel rides, boat trips, fishing, submarine dives, jeep safaris and a multitude of activities to keep the most active of holiday makers happy. In addition I have listed below the favourite things that my family and I have most enjoyed most whilst holidaying on the island over the years.
1) The Timanfaya National Park ~ Fire Mountain, See the islands (active) volcanoes of the Timanfaya Park, here you will see the fantastic almost lunar landscape of the park which covers almost a ¼ of the island. My daughter also enjoyed the camel ride!
2) The Jameos del Agua ~ This is an amazing cave formation and underground entertainment complex built into the volcanic rock.
3) Catlanza ~ This is a fun excursion, sail by catamaran from Puerto Calero down to the Papagayo beach area. Lunch on board and snorkeling and swimming stops make this a popular and memorable trip.
4) Cesar Manrique foundation ~ Cesar Manrique Museum, was once the home of the artist and stands as one of the artist’s most impressive examples of landscape-related architecture.
5) Teguise Market ~ This popular Sunday market is held in the normally quiet inland town of Teguise. Local arts and crafts plus a wide variety of goods are available for bargain hunters.
6) Arrecife & Castles ~ A visit to the islands capital is well worth the visit plus a chance to check out a couple of castles while you are there, the Castillo de San Jose home to the modern art museum and the Castillo de San Gabriel which hosts the archaeology museum.
7) Water Park ~ If you need to keep the kids happy the Aguapark situated in Costa Teguise is a great choice for that family day out.
8 The Mirador del Rio ~ Another example of Manrique’s work; this is a lookout point at the northern tip of the island. The artist created an opening in the top of the mountain then built a restaurant from which the incredible views on offer of seascape and the islands of La Graciosa and Montaña Clara will take your breath away!
9) Take the ferry to Fuerteventura and have a day exploring Corralejo and its wonderful beaches.
10) Wander around Marina Rubicon- Visit Playa Blanca especially on market days, then chill with a cocktail overlooking the yachts and sailing boats.
Don’t forget these are my personal favourites, there are many more things to do and attractions to see, I do hope you will enjoy visiting some of these sights or you may just like to laze by the pool, whatever it takes to have a good holiday you will be sure to find it in Lanzarote. Have a wonderful time! Posted by Martin – Travel Empire